These principles are often quoted and misquoted to the present day and offer some positive ideas on the practice of karate as a martial art as well as the psychological and spiritual development of the karateka. These principles are translated as follows:
- Never forget that karate begins and ends with respect.
- There is no first attack in karate.
- Karate fosters righteousness.
- First know yourself and then know others.
- Rather than physical technique, mental technique.
- Let your mind roam freely.